Monday, October 20, 2014

Profolio
About me:
I am a 23 year old Chinese game engineer currently studying in University Of Southern California for a master degree on Computer Science - Game Development. I enjoy prototyping games both on paper and on a computer, I also enjoy programming so it is double the fun for me to program games :D As a designer I am good at analyzing, and creating strong dramatic elements. As a programmer I specialize in Python and C++, but can also use Lua or C# when needed. I have made applications in both Unity Android and Unreal 4.

Participated projects:

Commercial level projects:

League of Legends
Details: I was a balance designer for League of Legends. During my internship I analyzed how Sejuani works as a jungler and tried to remake her. In addition, I helped with Karma' s remake and adjusted a few champions including Yorick and Garen. I also fixed a few bugs.

Student level projects:
 Apophis:
Detail: Apophis is a group project for USC. It is a third-person hack-and-slash game in Unreal where players explore a savage world and discover the truth of the weapon named "Apophic" he owns. I am a gameplay programmer in this project. I also help with general design brainstorm and mechanic design.

Project Space Android:
Detail: A group project done in PrimeEngine, this time our professor asked us to develop a unique multiplayer shooter game. Knowing the limitation of our engine, I immediately decided to go for a cartoon style to reduce rendering pressure and persuaded my teammates to go with it.  Since we had an improved collision engine with realistic physics, I designed a game where Android bots(because it is easy to find a good model and animate) fight against each other with air cannon on a space platform, the air cannon will push both the shooter and the victim in different direction and the goal is to push one bot off the platform for 5 times. I was the main designer, animator, level designer,UI programmer and artist for this project.

Project UI:
Detail: This is a group project done in a engine called PrimeEngine owned by USC. It is a very rough engine so me and my partner decided to make a whole UI system for users to use on consoles. I was in charge of the construction and programming of the UI. Having to think about what a button class really is and how these elements are related in GUI is harder than it seems, but a lot of fun. The UI is fully functional on consoles, easy to code and even allows short animation.

Augmented Reality Project for QUALCOMM:
 Detail: This is a group project done in Unity for my last year at Mudd. It is an augmented reality project that allows user to choose a bunch of furniture and see how they will look like in the real environment though a Android phone. I wrote the code for GUI, and some core code about selecting, operating and rendering the furniture pieces. I was also the artist for all models

 Music Video:
Detail: Another individual student project, a music video for "Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence". The graphic is generated with POV-Ray and then processed in Coral VideoStudio.

Penguin:
 Detail: This is a short film I made in Maya, textures, models and animations are all self-made.

Setimentality:
Detail: This is a group project of an educational game that I took part in during my junior year in Mudd. It helps primary school students understand erosion by letting them use tools such as "rain" and "landform" on a piece of simulated terrain. The code is written in PyGame and C. I was in charge of UI design, UI implementation, art, level design, map design, tutorial design, and maintaining a blog with surveyMonkey pages to communicate with our little players.


3D Ball Pool:
Detail: This is a Python game I made individually during my first year in Harvey Mudd College as a freshman. It is a 3D game featuring real-world collision programmed fully in Python. I have already lost the source and the screenshots but I am still very proud of my collision system, and the 3D chicken I programmed entirely in code to replace the white ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment